Wednesday, June 25, 2008

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Growing up, I remember the single most dreaded job was the seemingly inevitable Saturday morning "weed a row of garden." I loathed that chore! And here I find myself, constantly weeding my rows of plants - on purpose! Ah, well, growing up is a strange business. I find myself being very protective of the garden, like it is my baby. I guess when you ain't got kids, you find other things to coddle and be proud of. Here is mine:


Things are actually growing!



Rows of corn always make me think of this scary movie - I'm kinda glad we only have two short rows of them, so no aliens can hide there.



I was so excited to see this little blossom forming on a zucchini plant!



I was even more thrilled to see this little pepper, especially since I thought my pepper plants had pretty much kicked the bucket...




Look, Pop, we may actually have tomatoes to eat! We will definitely be enjoying all two of them...

6 comments:

Allison Hollingsworth Deming said...

Two tomatoes is better than 50 with salmonella!

Lindsay said...

Look at you go!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Allison, an excellent point!

Peter and Mandy said...

We love gardening too. We have all that except the corn. We cheated and bought pepper plants that already had baby peppers on them, unfortunately its been weeks and the baby peppers are still tiny.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Actually, our pepper plants were purchased at a nursery too. I have heard that if they have blossoms or fruits on them already that they don't do as well when transplanted. (though if any of the plants had blossoms when I looked, I probably would have bought them anyway!!)

Linda said...

I'm so impressed, Melissa. Sometimes I try to garden, but I usually lose interest by about June. And then everything dies.