We finally managed to get ourselves out of town for a vacation, which is why I haven't posted in some time. While we did not get to go camping this year :( more on that later...) we did get to visit the happiest place on earth. That's right folks, I went on my second (well, technically third, but I don't think going in utero really counts) visit to Disneyland, and my husband got to go for the first time ever.
Neither of us having been to Disneyland as a child, we simply skipped over all of the kiddie rides and only experienced the more vigorous and exciting rides (shocking lack of nostalgia, eh?). We also avoided all the character viewings, mostly because I had gotten my fill of the Disney princesses (and other...interesting characters) last time:
We had two extremely fun-filled days to spend there (boy, those tickets are pricey!) Day 1 consisted of approximately 14 hours at the park (and it took its toll on us, I promise). The hands-down best part of Day 1 was the two consecutive rides on Space Mountain right at opening time (which, btw, was the very best time to get there!) This was a wonderful idea, since it turned out to be our favorite ride and the lines get much longer throughout the day. (Last time I visited, Space Mountain was closed, which made me sad. This time It's a Small World was closed. My former roommates can tell you how I felt about that closure :) Here we are enjoying our favorite:
I think this must be the "before" picture, since you will note he is smiling about the drop at the end of Splash Mountain...
Getting in touch with his piratical side (Pirates of the Caribbean has a lot more Jack Sparrow-ish elements now, fancy that)
I like the decor inside the Indiana Jones ride, particularly this skull. We only got to ride this one twice, mostly because the lines were outrageous and the fastpasses went, well, fast. It also was closed several times when we wandered by.
I had to get my picture taken in front of the Sleeping Beauty castle (ok, so I guess there was a bit of nostalgia...)
Here we are on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which I think we rode more than any other ride, mostly because the line never got that long and it was never closed.
*We fortunately also managed to just miss this little mishap that occured right after we left.*


4 comments:
Looks like you had fun! LOVE the picture of you and Julie tweedling. Oh, the memories!
And that is SO sad about Small World being closed. ;)
Ah yes they're remodeling A Small World. I believe Space Mountain just recently reopened from its remodel. It seems like there's always something closed. I have a friend who works there and she lets us know what is closed and for how long so we can plan our adventures. She also gets us in for free. :) Did you go to California Adventure too? There are some really cool rides there too. Its much smaller, but still pretty cool.
so jealous. looks like a really fun vacation.
We did get to California Adventure, I haven't posted that yet. I am way jealous you get in for free though, Peter and Mandy!!! Seriously? Wish you could have hooked us up... :)
Post a Comment