For Day 2 of our adventuring, we spent the first few hours in Disneyland (again) and tried to repeat our favorite adventure riding Space Mountain with no line. Unfortunately, it was closed in the morning. We managed to get on a few other fun rides with practically no wait time (including more Splash Mountain adventures). Then, we headed over to the California Adventure park just at opening time. This place is a blast and has a lot of big fun rides. We were a little freaked out when we raced with everyone to get in line for what we thought was the enormous roller coaster, California Screamin', and it was expected to be over an hour long wait. Fortunately, it turned out the line was for another newer ride (Toy Story something - the only part we enjoyed of that was the giant Mr. Potato Head that talks and also happens to be located outside the ride). We got on the roller coaster rather quickly. And then got on again. And again. We thoroughly enjoyed the thrill and the screaming. We also went on some of the other big rides from the park including Grizzly Mountain and Soarin' Over California.

This is the only kind of "Mickey ears" we could afford.

By far our favorite ride in this park

Definitely a before photo. I love the atmosphere and decorations preceding this ride, but let me tell you, we both were screaming for dear life during it. Tower of Terror? Yeah. I didn't remember the terror part from my visit to the Disney World version. Course, that was over 10 years ago. I especially enjoyed the preteen boy who sat next to me and asked if I had been on this ride before. When I said no, he said, "Be prepared to scream." I then responded with, "Be prepared to hear me screaming." I am sure he did. Though, I am also sure I heard some from his direction too. Scary, scary ride.
Speaking of the people, most of those at Disneyland didn't seem very happy. Notable exceptions: kids (at least if they had their naps or weren't leaving) and Asian tourists. Seriously. Everyone else looked like they were having their teeth pulled. Happy place? Not so much. I tried my hardest to smile at everyone, though I am not the best at being happy all the time. We were most pleased when we met a nice middle-aged couple in line for Grizzly Mountain who immediately started talking to us and offering us candy (not recommended, but we took it - it was tasty :) They were about the happiest and funnest non-children we met. Wish I had brought my
pass-along cards.
And since this post is getting ridiculously long, I will hurry it up and post the rest of the photos. Mostly taken of the cool stuff in this park.

Wishing he had brought his fishin' pole

Wishing I had brought my extra pair of legs (seriously bad shin splints, see
Day I adventures)

Not exactly a So Cal landmark, but the best we could do :)
My husband even humored me while I looked in some of the princess stores. I came away with empty hands but a (relatively) full wallet.
(In fact, I would just like to take this moment to say: we did not purchase a single thing while in either of the parks - no souvenirs, no food, nothing. Trust me, the tickets were enough :)
And that, folks, wraps up our two-day adventure in Disleyland [sic]. Stay tuned, however, for a final fun post about our trip.
3 comments:
I so love that roller coaster. Glad you guys got to ride it so many times!
Did you happen to go to the Muppet Theater? Every once in a while I still find myself singing, "K-E-R...Are you having fun yet?...M-I-T...That's a school in Massachusetts!..." Seriously, waiting for that show to start was almost better than the show itself!
I haven't been to CA Adventure since before they put the Tower of Terror ride in, but went to Disneyland last year...for free. Yes I could've hooked you up with free passes, sorry. I went on the Tower of Terror ride at Disney World a couple years ago. My best friend screamed so badly she was crying. We were in the back row and everyone in the front row turned around to look at us when the ride was over...slightly embarrassing. Though it was one of my favorite rides.
Next time, Mandy (I'm assuming), we will definitely talk to you for some tickets :)
Lindsay, unfortunately, while we made it to the Muppet 3-D in Disneyland, there was NO wait time beforehand. :(
Post a Comment