Thursday, August 7, 2008

Yes, I Read It

I, like so many others, have finished the series that many are talking about.



You may laugh, you may mock, but, hey, I read lots of teen fiction, so I really don't mind.

I was actually rather impressed with this final book. While I was not as impressed with the third volume in the series, Eclipse, I found that this fourth one was quite interesting (though, I think she could have cut some of the extra stuff, the book was nearly 800 pages long).

I liked the way she took what we all thought was going to be the most important part of the story and pretty much thrust it aside in favor of a more important, though unforeseen, storyline. Interesting.

And I was biting my nails through much of the end of the book. It just took quite a while to build up to it. QUITE a while. Good thing I managed to finish it in two days.

Now I can look forward to reading other books.

I have to say to Stephenie Meyer: way to write something that captures the imagination and interest of so many! Even if it is a vampire romance :)

4 comments:

lori said...

Glad for your recommendation. I was way not a fan of Eclipse and wondered whether or not to try Breaking Dawn...
Maybe I will.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Lori, there were some parts I didn't like, but I found that the overall book and story were much better than the last one.

Anonymous said...

the first part of twilight was the only one i enjoyed, but all this controversy makes me want to read Breaking Dawn. i was wondering what a non-teen, family oriented person would think of it.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

There were things I didn't like, as I mentioned, but I found the devotion to family to be a great theme. I guess I rated it as overall a good story, even if some of the stuff along the way was blah.