Monday, November 10, 2008

I Looked Out the Window...

...and what did I see?

It most certainly doesn't involve popcorn. But, it does involve trees.




A thick carpet of oak leaves covering the ground.

It's amazing how quickly a tree can go from dressed to bare.

But, of course, there are certain benefits to this layer of luscious leaves:


One can sometimes find small children hiding in their depths.


You never know when one will just pop up.


Or two...


Who doesn't want to roll about in this crunchy bed?


I think it won't be long before we replace this blanket with a soft, silent white one:





"To every thing there is a season" (Ecclesiastis 3:1)

3 comments:

Allison Hollingsworth Deming said...

I came home friday afternoon to a ton of trees with very colorful leaves behind my house...Saturday morning about half of them were gone! I heard the wind blowing, but I did not realize there was just a huge "dump" of the leaves coordinated in nature!?!?!?! Weird...I was kind of hoping that they would stay around long enough that Justin got to see them in about two weeks, but I am afraid they are all going to be in my yard by then...

Rachel said...

Sheesh! That's a lot of leaves! And is it really snowing there??? Oh! I'll be in Utah in February. . .David's getting married so let's hang out while I'm there!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

It still amazes me how quickly that ONE tree dumped. The other tree managed to coordinate its dump after we had raked the first batch up.

Rach, it has only snowed once (so far), but it can't be too far off. Looking forward to seeing you in Feb!!!