Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tales of the Complex, Part II

[Sorry, having some technical difficulties with the photos, hopefully be back up soon!]

So, after having that first taste of college life, are you dying for more? Good.

This one time, at band camp...
(Wait, did any of us actually go to band camp?)
(Wait, does it even matter?)

Lest you think the whole year was simply our sisterhood of insanity, I now provide proof that we did make friends:


(imagine the sums of money we must have doled out to get them into the apartment)

But one friend we didn't have to pay (much):


Linda, Peter, and Julie, celebrating her French victory

Peter became a regular visitor to our apartment. And a regular contributor to our quote board (as Lindsay mentioned).

List of other things Peter brought to the table:
  • Random games of duck-duck-goose
  • String
  • Code names (Rover 1, Tall Pants, Water Monster)
  • Dating strategies (which are a lot like war strategies...)
  • Complements (even if they were unintended): "You're a pig in a blanket"
  • Techno music for pumping up before a date
  • And many laughs
Ah, we had so many good times, especially in the pantry.

My apologies to any of you who find all of these random quotes and reminiscences lame.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ah Peter. He is so my favorite.

Unknown said...

OK, now this stuff I remember! And with much fondness.

By the way, Lindsay: I thought I was your favorite. Blood is thicker than water, as they say. Or is it "still waters run deep"? Maybe, you can lead a horse to. . . never mind.

Lindsay said...

Julie, I think you can have more than one favorite. At least I hope so. If not, I'm in trouble...

melissa @ 1lbr said...

yeah, what about me? :)

Peter and Mandy said...

Yeah Peter is my favorite too. :) These stories are hilarious. Keep them coming...Peter still loves duck duck goose, we play it nearly every Sunday with our sunbeams.

Linda said...

I miss Peter. Last year I tried to make this boy at Institute my new Peter-type-friend boy (you know a boy-friend, not a boyfriend), but then he asked me out. It was disastrous and spoiled the whole friendship concept. So the next time I saw him, I was mean to him so that he would go away and never talk to me again. (Speaking of people who haven't quite grown up . . .)

melissa @ 1lbr said...

I am soooo happy Peter still plays duck-duck-goose. I think he would stop being Peter if he stopped playing...

Linda, you are SO awesome! I really need to just have a Linda-quote-board.