Ah, General Conference is so great!! (It doesn't hurt either, I think, to have a break from teaching primary ;) So many great things spoken I can't seem to even mention all of them. I am sure you all have a favorite talk that sticks in your mind. I would LOVE to hear what it was!
The one that seemed to hit me upside the head (in a good way, that is) was Elder Bednar's. There are many things I have been praying about, many in a routine way. It was a definite wake up call for me. Sincere prayer, though I perhaps already learned this and even "knew" it, is more than just saying the words and hoping, it is doing. Since many times I struggle to accept the Lord's will, it was a pertinent reminder to pray for the help to accept His will. I am hoping to put this into action (literally) today. I guess President Hinckley really had it right when he said it was all over but the work. :)
Don't you just (still) love President Monson?
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Inspiring As Always
Posted by
melissa @ 1lbr
at
4:45 AM
Labels: cause for joy, me - what more can I say?, religion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hm, favorite talk. I would have to say that I liked Elder Uchdorf's talk, the one that opened one of the sessions. It was really good. And then I doubt anyone could say that the one by Elder Monson on Sunday morning was not wonderful. Oh, and he was great. But I think that I agree with Elder Holland (at least if I can interpret what he said Sat. Afternoon right) that something has changed about President Monson. Yes he is still the same, but he has really stepped right into his role as Prophet. If it were anyone else in any other settion I would say that their "performance" seemed to have stepped up a knotch...but really I had no idea that it could go up any! So I am not really going to say it got better...it is just well...more "Hinckley-esc" to me. And as many times as I have seen President Hinckley speak and Prophet, I don't think I understood that it was not just HIM as a person speaking...as I joined the church later he was the only Prophet I have known. But I think the change I saw in President Monson was him being the Prophet, and speaking for God...something I was so used to in President Hinckley. And yes, I do know that all the 12 do this, but the President of the church possesses all the keys, and I think you can really see that. Ok, enough babbling...back to my mice...
Actually, that was very insightful - that it was not just President Monson the person that was speaking, it was God speaking through the prophet. Thanks for the reminder!
love these thoughts, guys!
I loved Elder Ballard's talk (typical mother response =) and I loved Elder Holland's talk on continuing revelation.
Lori, I even loved Elder Ballard's talk, despite my childless state :) Basically, I think I loved all of them :)
Post a Comment