Thursday, April 17, 2008

National Library Week

Huh. Who knew? Not me. And yes, I do work in a "library." How sad that I didn't find out until the Wednesday of National Library Week. Sigh.

So, to celebrate, I think we all ought to spend a few moments in our favorite (or nearest, as the case may require) library.

And please, feel free to mention why you like libraries (hey, don't even think about saying you don't like them!!)

I will start...I like libraries because...

They provide me with seemingly endless supplies of books to read. Ah, how I love the books.

And the librarians are pretty freakin' awesome too. (Not that I am biased or anything :)

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Okay, let me just say it:

I love my library.

You hear that world? I love my library!!

I especially love how I can have an item checked out for forever, so long as I keep renewing it and no one else wants it.

The Brooklyn library system is pretty huge, and there are branches everywhere. The branches, though, are all very small, so if you want an item, you often have to request it be sent to your branch from another across town. I love that they provide this service. And I love that I can request a book from my home computer and then go to the library when it's time to pick it up.

Oh, and I also love that my Brooklyn library card will allow me to check out books in the Brooklyn system, the Manhattan system, and the Queens system. And let's not begin to discuss interlibrary loan.

I tell you...I love these people.

lori said...

oh, fun!! Perfect excuse to head to the library today! We love our BYU library! So many memories. So much material. And so few patrons amid the Juv. shelves. =)

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Thanks guys, I am glad there are other library-lovers out there! I should go to BYU library again, especially to the Juv section! I love reading kid books!

And I am totally jealous of your network libraries in NY!!!!