Tuesday, April 29, 2008

'The Orchard'

I used to have people ask me if we had an orchard in our backyard. Now that my husband and I are taking care of said yard, I feel almost like saying YES!!

Here is what some of the trees in our yard are looking like. I would show you the garden, but you might think it just looked like dirt. Cause it does. I have an apparent inability to grow things that is manifesting itself in my first "real" garden.

Apple Tree





Plum Tree





Peach Tree





If I didn't know these blossoms turned into fruit, I would LOVE to pick some and bring them into my house - they smell (and look) divine!

P.S. The sky in these photos was not manipulated! Oh how I love the BLUE skies we get here in Utah!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh! So jealous of the blue skies and fruit trees! Do you still have the trampoline in the backyard?

Lindsay said...

Lovely, Melissa! Blue sky, blossoms, and all!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Rach, the trampoline frame is still there, we took down the actual bouncing part, since it was tearing in places (mounds of heavy snow can do that...).