Monday, April 14, 2008

Fantasy Series

I have been on a YA/children's fantasy series kick for some time now. I guess it is just to fill the gap left behind when Harry Potter wrapped up. Here are a few that I found, which are actually quite good.

The Ranger's Apprentice Series

(7 books, so far?) Originally published in Australia, being republished here, more slowly (only four out, I think). It has some elements I find rather Tolkien-esque, but still original. I have enjoyed the first one and am currently enjoying the second.

First book: The Ruins of Gorlan



(2 books, 1 more in May, probably more to come) I really like this series - devoured the first two books and now I anxiously await the third one. Written by this author, and just plain, clean, fun with fairies and numerous other fantastic creatures, along with a healthy dose of adventure.

First Book: Fablehaven



(3 books, another on the way, probably more to come) Hey, I'll admit it, I like Greek mythology (mostly) but I really like this modern-day story about the Greek gods and some new heroes. Pretty fun and with some interesting themes.

First Book: The Lightning Thief


So, heck, go out and read one.

0 comments: