Yeah, yeah, so you know I don't like Halloween that much. Still...I can't seem to kick the habit of posting old (and strange) photos from my past. I was rather sad that I couldn't find more photos from my childhood Halloween costumes, but I assure you they were fantastic.
Some favorites include:
- the tomato costume (been in the family for years)
- the strawberry costume (different from the tomato costume!)
- any kind of princess (let's be honest, I had many years of these)
- a pillow (just picture two sheets sown together stuffed with newspaper)
I shall quickly undeceive you by stating that I am not the adorable "baby" complete with giant hair bow. I am the strumpety-looking cave woman sporting bright red lipstick (somewhat anachronistically, I might add)
It is rather unfortunate that I don't have a picture from the only year I won an award for a costume. In 8th grade, I dressed as Cleopatra. My mom made a killer costume, I might add.
I also don't have any photos from a fateful Halloween party I went to the year I turned 16. That was when Rachel and I made some new and interesting friends from our cross-town rival school.
In fact, I really haven't got a good series of photos until I got to college (tragic, if you ask me). But, in the interest of full embarrassing disclosure, here they are anyway.
Here I am in my awesome Dorothy duds. Which wouldn't have been complete without the ruby slippers (too bad I don't have a better shot of them) (also too bad they shed glitter all over)
And the next year, attempting to look like a movie star. A bit out of character, I think.
And then begins my Lord of the Rings movie obsession years (more on that later).
I convinced my poor roommate to go as an elf with me (sorry, Julie). The highlight was undoubtedly the ears. Don't ask what they were made of (he he he).
And, lest you think this is just a repeat, look closely you LOTR fans and see that I am now dressed as Eowyn, a very mortal maiden from the movie. Plus, the dress was a lot more smashing this year, even if my smile wasn't.
Last year, though I have no evidence (fortunately), I went to work dressed as Punky Brewster. Wow. I was one brave woman.
This year, I didn't dress up for work, but if you beg and plead, I may just post a picture of me and the husband wearing our matching get-ups.
Hope you all get some candy and the chance to dress up!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!





3 comments:
Oooh! I remember that party at the Allreds! That night changed the course of our entire high school experience. . .
Funny how a simple Halloween party can change the course of the future, eh? BTW, I ran into Trilea on Saturday, I will send you her email!
Thanks for her email, I just sent her a note so we'll see if I finally get her address after 8 years of trying to find her :)
Post a Comment