Sunday, October 12, 2008

Summer Reminiscence

What with the sudden freezy-pants weather we have received this weekend, I look now, longingly, on those summer days gone by. Here are some bits of fun I will be missing:


Family BBQ's with trillions of kids




All those sticky, smiley, baby faces


Lazy trips up the canyon


To find hidden treasures


Dipping our toes into new things (like canning and gardening)


A quick last-minute trip to Yellowstone with family


Which wore us out mightily


A fabulous drive home during this glorious sunset


...except for the incident involving a deer and a car

We were grateful that this was the only injured body!
(And we also learned not to drive home from Yellowstone in the dark...)

Perhaps what I will miss most is this:

Just relaxin' in the sun on a lazy summer afternoon...

With a tall glass of this:


For now, warm summer weather, I bid thee farewell!

2 comments:

woo said...

I didn't know you guys hit a deer did I?

melissa @ 1lbr said...

It was actually Karen and Peter who hit the deer. We were (safely) driving behind them :)