Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Art of Duck Calling

Ah, to be versed in the art of duck calling has many benefits.

--You can attract your ducky friends at the drop of a hat (or a whistle, as the case may be).

--If you are ever starving, you may be able to find dinner easily.

--You can amaze friends and family with your skills (who knows, perhaps attract a future spouse?)

But, the most excellent of all these benefits would be:
--Qualifying for a scholarship.

That's right folks, you can qualify for scholarships by listing duck calling as an "activity." How do I know this, you ask? Am I an avid duck calling fan? No, I simply was checking for scholarships that my husband might qualify for. I guess we should work on honing his duck calling skills and increase the chances he might get a special duck-callers-association scholarship.

Oh. Yes. We will also be working on his horseshoe pitching talent as well. After all, if duck calling turns out not to be his, well, calling in life, at least he can fall back on his horseshoe pitching. Scholarship money, here we come!

3 comments:

lori said...

um, that cracks me up!!! You've got to be kidding!

Lindsay said...

Sounds like a great opportunity to hone some new skills. Best of luck to you!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Definitely not kidding. Definitely a new opportunity to develop some...interesting...talents!