I have only one word to say...
GRAVY!!!
I know I just said "only one word," but come on, you'll forgive me for a little elaboration right? Oy, gravy is like the bane of my already weak kitchen existence. I have only made it 8 or 9 times, but every time I say - what am I doing? Just get out the stinking packets and save yourself the agony and embarrassment! And then I just remember, my mom makes AWESOME gravy. I have to be like her! This time, not only did the "thickening" not work, but it tasted like corn starch. Ah, at least I get to enjoy the silence of my kind husband who doesn't want to tell me that it tastes awful. He just keeps picking up the salt shaker.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Disasters of the Kitchen Variety II
Posted by
melissa @ 1lbr
at
9:43 AM
Labels: kitchen disasters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are better than me....whenever I make gravy (which is rare), I always use the packets. I know of no other way.
I have to say my gravy is very comparable to yours.
Post a Comment