Note: Librarian responses are not to be taken too seriously!
_________________________________________________________________
Student: Don't you get bored up here?
[a very popular question]
Librarian: Yes.
or
Librarian: No.
[call me contradictory, it depends on the day]
or
Librarian: Not if I have a book.
[my personal favorite response]
__________________________________________________________________
S: Do you have that blue [fill in the blank broad subject] book?
L: Do you know the title?
S: It is the blue [repeat broad subject] book. The one for our [repeat broad subject] class.
L: No.
or
L: I don't know. We have a [broad subject] section, let's look there.
or
L: Hm...Let me check the blue section. It should be right next to the purple section.
_________________________________________________________________
S: Do we just take these? [while holding up a generic library item, ie book, journal, etc.]
L: Sure, I don't think we really need them.
or
L: Only if you wish to be jumped at the door by my large and surprisingly well-concealed henchmen.
or
L: No, but I can check them out for you! *perky, happy, special librarian voice*
__________________________________________________________________
[during a surprisingly busy day]
S: Well, at least you have something to do, for a change.
L: [no response, as I would probably be fired for saying what I was thinking]
__________________________________________________________________
*S: We missed you this morning!!!
L: [too shocked and flattered to respond]
*It is students like this who make me feel my job is worthwhile!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Conversations with Students
Posted by
melissa @ 1lbr
at
2:00 PM
Labels: librarian-ness, other's niftyness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You are too funny, Melissa! I love your sarcasm. :)
Post a Comment