Thursday, March 20, 2008

He is not here, but is risen

"Jesus saith unto her, Mary." John 20:16

I love Easter above all other holidays. I love this picture, from the gospel art picture kit and others like it. I really love the beautiful music we sing to celebrate Christ's resurrection! (I nearly cried one year when my ward didn't sing any Easter hymns on Easter Sunday :) Also love this beautiful post about Easter. But, I love most of all, the very glorious doctrine of Easter - Christ the Lord, though he died, rose again on the third day. Some of the most comforting (though probably at the time, incomprehensible) words from the scriptures:
"He is not here, but is risen" Luke 24:6

What a hopeful and surprising and comforting doctrine the resurrection is!

" Where, O death, is now thy sting?"
--Christ the Lord Is Risen Today, Hymn no. 200

"He is risen! He is risen!
Tell it out with joyful voice.
He has burst his three days’ prison;
Let the whole wide earth rejoice.
Death is conquered; man is free.
Christ has won the victory."
--He Is Risen!, Hymn no. 199

True cause for celebration and rejoicing!!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love Easter, too. Such a happy holiday, really. Hey, speaking of...any thoughts from you on good ways to teach the Easter story to nursery kids with very short attention spans? :) I have a few ideas floating around my head, but I really want them to at least get a hint of understanding of what Easter is all about...not an easy task when dealing with antsy toddlers. :) (And yes, I've been to my library in search of toddler-appropriate picture books depicting the Christian Easter story, and no, I had no luck.)

lori said...

Beautiful words, friend! I would cry if we didn't sing Easter hymns on Easter Sunday too!!

Loved this post! Thanks!