Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Life's "Little" Difficulties


"nevertheless not my will,
but thine, be done."
(Luke 22:42)

Anyone else find these words to be some of the HARDEST to apply?

I am a worrier and I think that only adds to it.

Wish I could just "be still and know" (D&C 101:16)

Any suggestions or advice?? :)

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yes. Oh yes. Also, you doing okay?

I just have to keep telling myself that so long as I take that step into the darkness, the light will always move with me. And it always does. Especially when I'm taking steps in a direction I wasn't planning on.

Hope you are well!

(By the way, my dad called me this evening...Julie had her baby!! The details I was given are sketchy (I'm still waiting for word from the source), but here is what I know: Sophia Lucia (but don't quote me on the spelling), born around noon Texas time, 8 lbs 11 oz, 20" long. Judging by the fact that he didn't say so otherwise, I'm assuming that mother and baby are doing well. If/when I hear more, I'll dish. So, yay!)

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Lindsay,

THANKS!!! No, really, thanks!

I am doing pretty good, actually, just trying to reconcile what I WANT with what the LORD wants for me. Sometimes I am such a CHILD (not necessarily in the child-like way, but the child-ish way!

And I am SO super excited to hear about Julie and Sophia! Looking forward to hearing more from that quarter!

And, in case I didn't mention it already - THANK YOU!!!

Rachel said...

I think the older I get and the more people I know the more I am starting to realize that we have very little to do with much of our lives. Things happen (or don't happen when we wish they would) and I'm starting to understand that life is more about WHAT you do with your circumstance/trials and less to do with making a specific thing happen. I think with each difficult situation I find myself in I struggle until I have the realization that there's a reason for this to be happening and something to be learned from it. There's the little diddy that goes, "without sorrow you cannot know joy" and how true that is. There are some things that we want right now and without the sorrow we don't fully enjoy the joy that will come later.

There's a rambling for you!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Rach,

Definitely enjoyed your rambling! Thanks for the thoughts - how true it is that we should not be focused on making something specific happen. Maybe now, I can just get that into my thick brain! Thanks!!