Monday, March 17, 2008

When Family Comes...

I come from a rather large family with eight kids - all of them married and all with their own children (excepting me, of course :). When we have a family get-together, it is pretty big. Even when not everyone can come. Here are some of the best things about these family dinners:

  • the noise
  • the laughter
  • the family jokes
  • playing games
  • kid humor
  • "grown-up" humor
  • more noise
  • silly stories
  • food!!
  • being oneself
  • talking
  • swapping funny stories
  • reminiscing
  • lots and lots of noise!
And so much more. While it may require lots of effort and lots of clean up time, it is well worth it. I LOVE family!!!

P.S. I wish I had taken a photo of my strawberry pie - it was so good! I guess with my "kitchen disasters" there can be "kitchen delights" too (of course, it helps that my sister made the crust :)

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh, you make me wish we lived closer to family. I miss the family get togethers!