Thanks, Allison, for the great tag, and since I loved it so much, I thought I would post another selection, with a slight new twist.
The idea is for you to pick up the book nearest you (or one you are currently reading) the catch being it must be at least 123 pages long. Turn to page 123, find the fifth full sentence on the page and post the next three sentences. I did this for Allison, choosing the nearest intellectually stimulating book, since she was seeking nerdiness, and, well, let's admit it, I read young adult fiction...
So, I will post what I am reading currently (which is actually not YA fiction) and let you go to Allison's blog if you so desire to see the nerdy choice.
Red Prophet by Orson Scott Card
'"Ma," said Measure. "If you're a-scared of Reds getting us, you ought to want to go. I mean there's ten thousand Reds at least living in Prophetstown right across the river...'
(interesting, since I haven't gotten that far in the book...feels kinda like cheating...)
So, anyway, here is the new twist - I want to know what the last five books you read were and what you are currently reading (and if you want to give a little review, feel free :)
Last five books:
The Weaver Takes a Wife
Sheri Cobb South
Ok book, not the best written, but for a clean romance, with some slight humor and the regency feel, pretty good
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You
Ally Carter
Do not be turned off by the cheesy title, actually a humorous clean "spy" novel that is pretty good and still very teen in appeal
Evolution, Me, and Other Freaks of Nature
Robin Brande
Yeah, another interesting title, but I liked the religious nature of the main character and how it addresses some science working with religion, and not necessarily against. And how the girl stood up for what she knew was right - and suffered for it
The Candy Shop War
Brandon Mull
LOVED it! Read this if you are looking for a great and easy read - a good kids' page-turner. (see this post for more raving about it!)
Miss Darby's Duenna
Sheri Cobb South
Not as good as the previously mentioned South title, but still fairly humorous in its assumptions. If you are looking for Jane Austen, I suggest...you read Jane Austen. :)
Currently reading:
Leven Thumps and the Eyes of the Want
Obert Skye
Having a hard time slogging through the numerous "fantastic" elements, though interested in the random good religious discussions. Find some of the situations humorous, though mostly for the ridiculous-ness of them.
Red Prophet
Orson Scott Card
Actually haven't read enough to review.
So, now I guess I am supposed to tag people, but I don't really like to. I would like to know what Lindsay is currently devouring, though it is probably somewhere already on her blog :)
Monday, March 3, 2008
A Tag I Enjoy
Posted by
melissa @ 1lbr
at
1:36 PM
Labels: books worthy of note, literary musings, me - what more can I say?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just for you, Melissa:
Right now I'm reading "The Annotated Charlotte's Web" by E.B.
White with notes by Peter F. Neumeyer. GREAT book (and I'm still only in the introduction). Anyway, because I love you (and because it will complete the thought), I'm going to give you four sentences instead of three:
Templeton's eyes were blazing.
"Is this true?" he asked. "Is this appetizing yarn of yours true? I like high living, and what you say tempts me."
So there you go. (Just by those 4 sentences, can you describe what's happening in the story on page 123?)
I've only read two other books since I did my Book Report post, so I'll just list those for you:
-"Eats, Shoots & Leaves" by Lynne Truss
-"Things Fall Apart" by Chinua Achebe
THANKS, Lindsay!
I am thinking, though it has been a LONG time since I read this, that they are trying to convince Templeton to go to the fair.
Interested in reading "Eats, Shoots & Leaves"...
Post a Comment