Yeah, yeah, so Christmas is past, by a few weeks even, but I couldn't resist this.
I loved this post and just couldn't help sharing two of my favorite Christmas past photos. We always reenacted the Nativity on Christmas Eve. From what I rememberl (and from my siblings recollections) the most coveted role was Mary. My sisters used to have enormous fights over who got to be Mary (not usually conducive to feeling the Spirit). This finally prompted my dad to create a rotating list so that each sister would have a turn. Well, as we grew up and our family gained maturity (well, some of us) a new coveted role appeared: the sheep. Mostly my brother and I would rival for the woolly pate that signified our lowly, but apparently highly desirable position.
And, yes, you will see I got to be Mary again (in some anachronistic blue jeans). Hey, when you're the youngest, you have to be spoiled, right?


3 comments:
Ha! Those pictures are fantastic!! Love the tradition!
In an odd turn of fate, Ruby refused to be Mary, and the shepherd (or joseph) is what SHE wants. I was the donkey this year. I've always been an ass no?
Ah, you gave up the sheep head for the donkey?
Post a Comment