Friday, January 30, 2009

Post Without a Purpose

So, I tried to think of something to post about today. I figured I shouldn't leave that delightful post about doughnuts right at the top any longer or I would be tempted to make more. But, I really couldn't think of anything worth posting about (which means, I really shouldn't have posted this...oh, well!) However, as I was driving my husband to school and myself to work, I glanced in the rear view mirror.

[insert random information]
I do not like tailgaters.
[end random information]

I noticed, in that rear view mirror, that there was a car traveling very close to my bumper. I expressed annoyance to my husband and then I tried not to let it bother me.

[insert more random information]
I tend to get a wee bit road-rage-ee.
[end more random information]

Since I have been trying not to let that bit of road-rage-ee-ness take over my life, I attempted to engross myself in conversation with the spouse. However, my eyes were drawn back to the rear view mirror and I noticed that the young lady driving the vehicle that was following extremely closely behind my own was not actually paying attention to the road (or the back of my car, which must have been rather difficult since it probably filled up her entire view out of the windshield). (Was that a run-on sentence? Linda?)

[insert really random information]
I like long sentences.
[end really random information]

I was now eyeing the young lady in the car directly behind my own, because I was concerned she might accidentally ram into my bumper (it was only a few inches away from her own) while she was looking elsewhere. Where was she looking, you ask?

In the mirror.

Not the rear view mirror.

A personal mirror.

You know, the one on the inside of the driver's side sun shade. [Note to self: write angry letter to auto makers about placing mirrors on driver's side sun shades.]

She was applying her makeup.

That was the point where the suppression of my road rage got thrust aside rudely.

Don't get me wrong, I am not condemning people in general who apply makeup while driving. Just ones that do it while tailgating.

Wait, changed my mind, I am condemning all people who apply makeup while driving. Sorry.

I think its probably better to be a few minutes late, or even make-up-less, than to rear-end someone whilst you were putting on your mascara (that sounds like an eye-poking hazard).

So, I guess I really did have something to post about.

[insert important information]
Read this book. Now.
[end important information]

2 comments:

Peter and Mandy said...

Oh man I used to be that stupid person behind you putting on the make-up. But I waited until a red light and then would try. I never did it while the car was actually moving. However, I am no longer doing that. I decided I'd rather be late to work than hurt my precious car or another.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Ah, Mandy, that makes me happy you have changed :) And that you at least waited for a red light.