Monday, January 12, 2009

Resolved

It's only twelve days into the new year, and already I'm procrastinating...

I intended to post my resolutions somewhere around the first. Oh, well, better late than never, right? (Plus, I've postponed actually starting some of these resolutions...oh, wait, that's a bad thing.)

Here they are in no particular order:

  • read 150 books
  • exercise more regularly (considering I don't exercise at all, this should be pretty easy...in theory)
  • eat fewer sugary treats (oh, the mounds of chocolate still sitting around from the holidays)
  • read from the Book of Mormon every day
  • stop biting my fingernails (again)
  • write a book (or a short story)
  • be more optimistic (so vague it's perfect!)
I love hearing other people's resolutions, so feel free to share them. And if you happen to see me biting my fingernails, definitely call me out on it :)

2 comments:

Peter and Mandy said...

I have the same problem with the nails. I find it easier to stop when I have something to motivate me. I had long beautiful nails shortly before getting engaged and even up to a month before the wedding. Another time I guess I had a bet going on with a co-worker and we would come to work and put this nasty tasting stuff on our nails. We both stopped, but then a few weeks later she gave in and I had won. My victory involved biting my nails...arg!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Yeah, I've actually stopped a few times before too, but I can't find anything to put on my nails (not even nail polish). I should start up a bet with someone...